1. Do you have a retail store located in Australia?
DiamondCode does not operate retail spaces. This ensures low overhead costs so we can focus on maintaining the best prices and the highest quality service for our customers. We are readily available by chat on our website, by phone, or by email.
2. How can I get in touch with you?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, join a live chat, phone us, leave us a message on our website or Facebook message our team.
3. How can I trust you?
Our Managing Director here at DiamondCode, Paul Bunker (G.G.), has been selling diamonds within the Australasian jewellery industry for more than 30 years. He obtained his GIA diamond training in residence in the US which completed his GIA Graduate Gemologist Diploma, and he is a very knowledgeable diamond expert. We are a family-run business who are extremely passionate about diamonds.
1. How do I know the diamonds you are using are ethical?
We purchase diamonds through companies that are Kimberley Process compliant which is a joint government, international diamond industry and civil society initiative to stem the flow of conflict diamonds. DiamondCode sources the vast majority of its diamonds from De Beers Diamond Trading Company Sightholders to ensure our diamonds have come through the correct channels.
2. Do the diamonds you sell come with reports?
All of our diamonds are sold with the original corresponding diamond report. Currently, all of our diamonds listed on our website are GIA certified. Most of the diamonds also have the report number laser inscribed on the girdle of the diamond.
3. How can I make sure the diamond I ordered and the diamond I've received are the same?
The laser inscription on the diamond will match the corresponding diamond report that you receive with your purchase. As diamond graders, we also quality control each and every diamond.
4. Do you hold physical diamond stock in Australia?
Diamonds displayed on our website are currently offshore with our suppliers. All of the diamonds purchased by our customers first come to us here at DiamondCode, where we personally perform quality assurance checks, before sending the diamond on to our customer.
Web-based diamond stock allows us to keep costs down and pass the savings on to our customers, and meet your entire needs when it comes to purchasing a diamond.
5. What are the most important things to consider when purchasing a diamond?
It really comes down to personal preferences and budget. We recommend reading up about diamond education on our website and we are more than happy to advise you on what diamond we think would give you the best value for your money.
6. The diamond I am interested in has gone up or down in price since I last viewed it. Why would this be?
As diamonds are traded in USD, the Australian dollar prices can change on a daily basis due to exchange rate fluctuations.
1. I am interested in purchasing not just a diamond but also having a completed piece of jewellery - can you help with this?
Absolutely! - we have a beautiful collection of ring mounts available to be made into the gold colour and karat of your choice.
Please email us to be linked to this service.
1. Where do you ship diamonds?
We ship within Australia. Please note that payments made on our website are processed in Australian dollars.
2. What is the cost of shipping?
Shipping is free. However, please note that GST and customs clearance fees are payable when your package arrives in Australia:
GST of 10% and, for orders over AU$1,000, customs clearance fees (see below) are to be paid when your package arrives in Australia (DiamondCode.com.au does not collect these charges at the time you place your order on diamondcode.com.au).
Australian Customs Entry Fees: The following customs entry fees are required by the Australian Border Force and Department of Agriculture & Water Resources (www.homeaffairs.gov.au):
- Orders up to AU$1,000 = AU$0.00 customs entry fee
- Orders over AU$1,000 up to AU$10,000 = AU$83.00 customs entry fee
- Orders above AU$10,000 = AU$185.00 customs entry fee
The additional amount due to GST and customs fees will be visible in your cart on diamondcode.com.au, and on your invoice, but only the amount under 'Total to be paid now' is payable when you check out on our website.
The GST and customs entry fees amount are to be paid when your package arrives in Australia. When your package arrives at customs, either the carrier (FedEx) or customs office will contact you directly to arrange payment of these charges.
3. What if my item gets lost during the shipping process?
Unlike some of our competitors, our insurance policy covers your package while its being shipped. If, in the unlikely event your package goes missing, we will provide an equivalent product as a replacement, or offer a full refund.
4. How long after my order will my item be shipped?
Approximately 2 weeks. We will email you with the tracking number when your parcel has been shipped.
1. What are the payment options available to me?
Account2Account direct credit, Visa*, MasterCard* and Union Pay are available through the check-out flow on our website (securely processed using Payment Express DPS). We also offer QR code payment systems WePay and AliPay - please contact us if you wish to pay by either of these. We do not accept American Express.
* Please note that credit card payments will incur a 2.98% fee.
2. Why don't I need to pay GST and customs fees when I place my order?
Please see the following page (or number 2 on this page under SHIPPING):
1. Am I able to return my purchase?
Please choose carefully as, unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns or offer refunds.